Inspiration

Barbara

Inspiration

Postby Barbara » July 7th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Hello,

As I have reviewed notes from our last camp meeting in April, I came across the following, which I believe is essential for us to remember as we approach the next steps in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

If we will be fitted for translation, we must give up all we have. We must cling to NO THING on this earth. We are to allow NO possession, relationship, or person to prevent us from fulfilling our Father's will. All fear must be replaced with love.

Yahshua's last commandment, to love one another, is not restricted to CSDA Church members. We are to love Yahweh with all our heart, mind and soul, and our neighbor as ourselves. We must understand what loving our neighbor as ourselves means in order to be translated.

From The Upward Look, page 32

"If we lose everything else, we should keep conscience pure and sensitive. When asked to go where there is the least danger of offending Yahweh, doing that which you cannot do with a pure conscience, do not fear or hesitate. Look the tempter firmly in the face and say, "No! I will not imperil my soul for any worldly attraction. I love and fear Yahweh. I will not venture to dishonor or disobey Him for the riches of the world or the love or the favor or a host of worldly relatives. I love Yahshua who died for me. He has bought me. I am the purchase of His blood. I will be true to His claims, and my example shall never be an excuse for any to turn from the straight path of duty. I will not be the servant of Satan and of sin. My life shall be such as to leave a bright track heavenward."

Brethren, let us make sure these words are our very own as we pass through earth's final moments.

Barbara

Re: Inspiration

Postby Barbara » April 26th, 2013, 3:54 am

While reading through Early Writings by Ellen G. White, I find a section titled "The Trial of Our Faith", which I will paste below.

I pray all who read will be blessed by it.

-TI- Early Writings of Ellen G. White
-CT- Experience and Views
-PG- 46
The Trial of our Faith

In this time of trial we need to be encouraged and comforted by one another. The temptations of Satan are greater now than ever before, for he knows that his time is short and that very soon every case will be decided, either for life or for death. It is no time now to sink down beneath discouragement and trial; we must bear up under all our afflictions and trust wholly in the Almighty God of Jacob. The Lord has shown me that His grace is sufficient for all our trials; and although they are greater than ever before, yet if we trust wholly in God, we can overcome every temptation and through His grace come off victorious.

If we overcome our trials and get victory over the temptations of Satan, then we endure the trial of our faith, which is more precious than gold, and are stronger and better prepared to meet the next. But if we sink down and give way to the temptations of Satan, we shall grow weaker and get no reward for the trial and shall not be so well prepared for the next. In this way we shall grow weaker and weaker, until we are led captive by Satan at his will. We must have on the whole armor of God and be ready at any moment for a conflict with the powers of darkness. When temptations and trials rush in upon us, let us go to God and agonize with Him in prayer. He will not turn us away empty, but will give us grace and strength to overcome, and to break the power of the enemy. Oh, that all could see these things in their true light and endure hardness as good soldiers of Jesus! Then would Israel move forward, strong in God, and in the power of His might.

God has shown me that He gave His people a bitter cup to drink, to purify and cleanse them. It is a bitter draught, and they can make it still more bitter by murmuring, complaining, and repining. But those who receive it thus must have another draught, for the first does not have its designed effect upon the heart. And if the second does not effect the work, then they must have another, and another, until it does have its designed effect, or they will be left filthy, impure in heart. I saw that this bitter cup can be sweetened by patience, endurance, and prayer, and that it will have its designed effect upon the hearts of those who thus receive it, and God will be honored and glorified. It is no small thing to be a Christian and to be owned and approved of God. The Lord has shown me some who profess the present truth, whose lives do not correspond with their profession. They have the standard of piety altogether too low, and they come far short of Bible holiness. Some engage in vain and unbecoming conversation, and others give way to the risings of self.

We must not expect to please ourselves, live and act like the world, have its pleasures, and enjoy the company of those who are of the world, and reign with Christ in glory.

We must be partakers of Christ's sufferings here if we would share in His glory hereafter. If we seek our own interest, how we can best please ourselves, instead of seeking to please God and advance His precious, suffering cause, we shall dishonor God and the holy cause we profess to love. We have but a little space of time left in which to work for God. Nothing should be too dear to sacrifice for the salvation of the scattered and torn flock of Jesus. Those who make a covenant with God by sacrifice now will soon be gathered home to share a rich reward and possess the new kingdom forever and ever.

Oh, let us live wholly for the Lord and show by a well-ordered life and godly conversation that we have been with Jesus and are His meek and lowly followers. We must work while the day lasts, for when the dark night of trouble and anguish comes, it will be too late to work for God. Jesus is in His holy temple and will now accept our sacrifices, our prayers, and our confessions of faults and sins and will pardon all the transgressions of Israel, that they may be blotted out before He leaves the sanctuary. When Jesus leaves the sanctuary, then they who are holy and righteous will be holy and righteous still; for all their sins will then be blotted out, and they will be sealed with the seal of the living God. But those that are unjust and filthy will be unjust and filthy still; for then there will be no Priest in the sanctuary to offer their sacrifices, their confessions, and their prayers before the Father's throne. Therefore what is done to rescue souls from the coming storm of wrath must be done before Jesus leaves the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary.

Barbara

Postby Barbara » April 26th, 2013, 3:59 am

Below are two other quotes from Early Writings. They speak of Yahshua's appearance (countenance and facial expression) while under great trial and persecution. I realize that ours may not be as bright as His due to years of degradation, but the same peaceful countenance he had is to be - and will be - shown on us as well.

-BC- EW
-CT- Spiritual Gifts
-PR- 03
-PG- 170
Jesus stood meek and humble before the infuriated multitude, while they offered Him the vilest abuse. They spit in His face--that face from which they will one day desire to hide, which will give light to the city of God and shine brighter than the sun. Christ did not cast upon the offenders an angry look. They covered His head with an old garment, blindfolding Him, and then struck Him in the face and cried out, "Prophesy, who is it that smote Thee?" There was commotion among the angels. They would have rescued Him instantly; but their commanding angels restrained them....

-BC- EW
-CT- Spiritual Gifts
-PR- 02
-PG- 172
Jesus had many sympathizers in the company about Him, and His answering nothing to the many questions put to Him amazed the throng. Under all the mockery and violence of the mob, not a frown, not a troubled expression, rested upon His features. He was dignified and composed. The spectators looked upon Him with wonder. They compared His perfect form and firm, dignified bearing with the appearance of those who sat in judgment against Him, and said to one another that He appeared more like a king than any of the rulers. He bore no marks of being a criminal. His eye was mild, clear, and undaunted, His forehead broad and high. Every feature was strongly marked with benevolence and noble principle. His patience and forbearance were so unlike man that many trembled. Even Herod and Pilate were greatly troubled at His noble, Godlike bearing.

Elyna

Postby Elyna » April 30th, 2013, 8:08 am

Nice,
Thank you Sister Barb for those inspiring passages.
I would like to share one here with you that I have found inspiring about prayer. This comes from a devotional compiled by the White Estate. I will share interesting ones from time to time. I have included the subtitles contained in the book. To do a search on any of them or see all of them on the White Estate, one can enter in goggle search bar«love e.g. white» and click on «how God's love is manifested».

Yah bless. :)

Prevailing Prayer

by Ellen G. White

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always," is the injunction of Christ to His disciples. Again we read in the inspired Word, "In everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God."

God has made it our duty to pray. The riches of the universe belong to Him. He has all temporal and spiritual treasures at His command, and can supply every want from His abundant fulness. We receive our breath from Him; every temporal blessing that we enjoy is His gift. We are dependent upon Him not only for temporal blessings, but for grace and strength to keep us from falling under the power of temptation. We daily need the Bread of Life to give us spiritual strength and vigor, just as much as we need food to sustain our physical strength and give us firm muscles. We are compassed with weakness and infirmities, doubts and temptations; but we can come to Jesus in our need, and He will not turn us away empty. He invites, "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls." This is no doubtful, uncertain promise, but a positive one. If we come to Him, we shall not be disappointed. Yet how unwilling we seem to accept the gracious invitation. When in trouble, we too often go for help to our brethren, who are no wiser nor stronger than ourselves; but if we would go to Jesus, if we would take our troubles to Him in prayer, we should find rest, and peace, and courage. The wisdom that God gives is unerring; His strength is sufficient for all our needs. Let us lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus, and according to His promise. He will take the weary load, and encircle us in the arms of His love.

The reason that we do not realize greater help is because there is lack of earnest, fervent devotion. Jesus reproved the Pharisees for drawing near to God with their mouth, and honoring Him with their lips, while their hearts were far from Him. "God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth." We must have a deep, earnest sense of our needs. We must feel our weakness and our dependence upon God, and come to Him with contrition of soul and brokenness of heart. Our petitions must be offered in perfect submission; every desire must be brought into harmony with the will of God, and His will must be done in us. We must not pray in a doubting, half-hearted manner, but with full assurance of faith. When we come to Him in this manner, Jesus will listen to our prayers, and will answer them; but if we regard iniquity in our hearts, if we cherish any darling sin, we may be assured that no blessing will be given in response to our prayers.

Faith takes God at His word, with or without feeling. It "is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." We can believe our fellowmen, and can we not trust the word of God? When we go to Him for wisdom or grace, we are not to look to ourselves to see if He has given us a special feeling as an assurance that He has fulfilled His word. Feeling is no criterion. Great evils have resulted when Christians have followed feeling. How do I know that Jesus hears my prayers?--I know it by His promise. He says He will hear the needy when they cry unto Him, and I believe His word. He has never said to the "seed of Jacob, seek ye Me in vain."

If we walk in the light, we may come to the throne of grace with holy boldness. We may present the promises of God in living faith, and urge our petitions. Although we are weak, and erring, and unworthy, "the Spirit helpeth our infirmities." But too often our prayers are molded by coldness and backsliding. Those who do not deny self and lift the cross of Christ, will have no courage to approach a heart-searching God. We must learn to watch unto prayer, and to be importunate. We must accustom ourselves to seek divine guidance through prayer; we must learn to trust in Him from whom our help cometh. Our desires should be unto God; our souls should go out after Him, and their attitude should always be that of supplication.

When we have offered our petition once, we must not then abandon it, but say, as did Jacob when he wrestled all night with the angel, "I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me, " and like him we shall prevail.

There are many who are surrounded with clouds of darkness. They try to do something themselves, some great and good work which will win the favor of God and make them happy, but they neglect the very work that they should do. But the path of happiness is the path of obedience. We should in no case blind our eyes to our true condition, and then pray in a loose, general manner. Prayers of this kind rise no higher than the petitioner's head, and bring no answer of mercy, because they are dictated by no sense of need. Says the apostle, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." Inquire into the character of your thoughts, purposes, temper, words, and deeds. Compare your experience with the declarations of Scripture, and see whether you are gathering with Christ or scattering abroad. See if your life testifies that you are in the faith.

We should search the Scriptures daily; for the Word of God is our unerring guide. We are here in a world of doubt and skepticism. The law of God is made void, unbelief seems to be in the very air we breathe; and to resist all these influences, and battle successfully against the powers of darkness, requires strong faith and earnest prayer. But amid all these opposing influences, we may repose in God with perfect confidence. I once read of an eagle that had left her home in the Alps, and clouds dark and heavy intervened between her and her home in the towering cliffs. She seemed bewildered, and with loud screams flew first one way and then another against the over-hanging clouds. Suddenly, with a shrill scream of determination, she darted upward through the dense clouds into the clear sky above. The clouds were beneath her, and she was again in her mountain home. And so may we rise above the clouds of skepticism, and dwell in the clear sunshine of God's presence.

It is only by watching unto prayer, and the exercise of living faith, that the Christian can preserve his integrity in the midst of the temptations that Satan brings to bear upon him. But "whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world; and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." Talk to your heart constantly the language of faith: "Jesus said He would receive me, and I believe His word. I will praise Him; I will glorify His name." Satan will be close by your side to suggest that you do not feel any joy. Answer him: "'This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.' I have everything to be glad of; for I am a child of God. I am trusting in Jesus. The law of God is in my heart; none of my steps shall slide."

Printed in The Bible Echo, September 24, 1894.

God's Word Our Assurance
Christ Our Righteousness A Morning Talk
Through Faith Alone Part 1
Through Faith Alone Part 2
What Was Secured by the Death of Christ
Seek Those Things Which are Above Part 1
Seek Those Things Which are Above Part 2
Christ, Our Loving Comforter and Restorer
Work to Show Christ to the World
"Let Him Take Hold of My Strength"
Ellen G. White's Last Recorded Letter
The Joy of Giving
A New Year's Day Letter
Christ Our Hope
A Letter of Comfort and Assurance
Prevailing Prayer
A Prayer of Consecration
Help for the Tempted
God Will Provide
Christ's Righteousness Avails
Trusting Christ
The Fair Flowers of Promise
How God’s Love is Manifested, Part 1
How God’s Love is Manifested, Part 2
"Ye are Complete in Him," Part 1
"Ye are Complete in Him," Part 2
"Ye are Complete in Him," Part 3
"I Will Give You Rest"
Working as Christ Worked
A Life-Changing Experience
The Character of God Revealed in Christ
What God Desires Us to Be
God's Plans the Best
A Peculiar People
God With Us
Ask and it shall be given you, Part 1
Ask and it shall be given you, Part 2
The Meaning of God's Pardoning Love, Part 1
The Meaning of God's Pardoning Love, Part 2
The Foundation of Our Peace
One Thing Impossible With God
Windows Wide Open
The Only Foundation
Christ Spans the Gulf of Sin, Part 1
Christ Spans the Gulf of Sin, Part 2
Homeward Bound
A New Year's Day Letter
Asking to Give
The Mighty and Inspiring Conflict
God's Word a Treasure House
True Success
Little Things
You May Trust Him
Hearts Filled with Thankfullnes to God
Calamities and God’s Love; Sin, Judgment, and the Shortness of Time
Lord is Risen
The Sabbath
Some Thoughts for the New Year

Elyna

Postby Elyna » May 4th, 2013, 6:11 am

Hello,
Another inspiring thoughts from the pen of EG White. Manuscript Releases Volume Ten : Page 3
Workers Need More of Christ's Refining Grace

«You need a different mold upon your character, in order that you may be highly useful. You need to possess more of the love of Christ that your own will may be subdued. You have not realized your obligations to God to be patient, kind, and respectful to your ministering brethren and to every member of the church. You need the kindness, courtesy, meekness, and lowliness of Christ. You have many valuable qualifications that should be perfected to do highest service in the cause of God. . . .

We should never stir up strife by domineering words and actions. Put away everything like hard dealing, and seek for a closer walk with God. You used to be a more meek and humble man than you are now. You need the refining grace of God, the meekness of Christ. There is a work allotted to you that no one can do for you. "Holding forth the word of life," you are to practically set forth a Christian example. "Do all things without murmuring or disputing: That you may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world: Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain" (Philippians 2:14-16).

If men in responsible office do not show partiality, but exercise the patience and kindness of Jesus, they will find this course more effective than the preaching of sermons, the exercise of power, or the presentation of strong argument. The silent influence of Christian character will fall upon men as the sunbeams of heaven. May God help you to do right because it is right.»-- Letter 22, 1889. (To a Leading Worker.) White Estate Washington, D. C. March 3, 1980

Yah bless. :)

Return to “General”