Praises to YAHWEH

Pastor Chick

Praises to YAHWEH

Postby Pastor Chick » May 28th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Hello All,

I am blessed to see the message board up and running again after some lengthy down time. May YAHWEH be blessed and souls drawn closer to Him as the result of this resource.

Resisting the beast and his image, in the Blessed Hope...
Last edited by Pastor Chick on June 4th, 2012, 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naraiel

Re: Praises to YAHWEH

Postby Naraiel » June 4th, 2012, 9:32 am

I am glad this forum has a Spanish Room as well, to invite all of our Hispanic friends for discussion of Biblical teachings about Victory over Sin, Purity of Doctrine, and Unity of the Faith, which summarizes the Messages of the Three Angels of Revelation 14. And also because this forum could help restore in people's minds, of the last days, the Biblical Principles and Concepts from the Almighty and His Kingdom, that have been ignored, forgotten or neglected by the world and by modern Christianity.

Yah bless you all,
Naraiel

Barbara

Re: Praises to YAHWEH

Postby Barbara » July 7th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I like the title of this topic, Praises to YAHWEH!

I praise Yahweh today for all of the precious promises that He has given to us. I will share a few of the ones that are especially relevant at this time.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3

"Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and snakes, and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19

"There shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time; and at that time Thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book." Daniel 12:1.

"And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily." Luke 18:7, 8

"They shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads." Revelation 22:4.

"If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." Matthew 17:20, 21

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us..."Ephesians 3:20

"Yah shall preserve thee from all evil. He shall preserve thy soul." Psalms 121:7

HalleluYAH!

Barbara

Re: Praises of YAHWEH

Postby Barbara » July 28th, 2013, 12:14 am

I recently read through promises I have written down over the years and these struck me with the following meanings/experiences.

1. Psalms 62:6 “He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.”

I recently read this verse and I felt it touch me inside. I find it difficult to put into words, but let me attempt by saying the following. If I am tempted by feeling threatened (not physically – but by others’ words or thoughts towards me), I know that He ONLY is the one that holds me and I ‘rest’. I do not need another to defend or protect me – or to do anything to protect myself from others’ thoughts or words.

2. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

In Uganda sometimes the only available means of transport is riding as a passenger on a motorcycle. When Bro. Abe and I left Kihihi and traveled to visit Sanyu (our clinic worker in Kisoro who was home on maternity leave), we rode as passengers on motorcycles. Note that I just started riding on them a short time before traveling to the US for the April 2012 camp meeting. Anyway, this ride was up what seemed to be to be a rather steep hill. It was very rocky so the ride was very rough. I held on with my hands to the bar behind me. On this ride, I continuously felt fear and kept repeating this promise over and over to rebuke the feeling of fear that was trying to overtake me. We arrived safely.

3. Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” and

4. Proverbs 3:26 “For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.”

I have experienced many situations here in Uganda in which I am the one that has to make a decision that effects our projects, workers, etc. In the past, I had a tendency to doubt the decisions that I made. I have learned, however, to trust Christ in me to be making the correct decision. I am still tempted to fear that I made or am making the wrong decision. When that temptation comes, I remember this verse. I have a sound mind - and with Yah’s love and power, and confidence, I trust that I have made the correct decision and I am a victor over doubting my decisions.

5. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

Here in Uganda I am being faced with opportunities to do many things I have not done before. I have done many things I would not have done 3 years ago. I will not list them here as I do not want to sound like I am bragging. I know that it is Yah who has enabled me to do these things. There are more ahead. As I think of the challenges I know of including the walk in 2014 (and what my job will be as I drive ahead of Pastor), I know that whatever Yah brings to me to do, that He can and will do it through me.

6. Psalms 91:1-3 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.”

This past week, I was very tempted to be angry with a worker and to speak harshly. I talked with Yah, who is my refuge, and He delivered me from the snare of the fowler, from speaking harshly or inappropriately.

7. Isaiah 42:4 “He shall not fail nor be discouraged,…”

Sometimes, it appears that my work is in vain, and I feel discouraged. But instead of BEING discouraged, I claim this promise that I am not discouraged, and instead I look to Yah and continue with the work I have been given, following His direction. Often-times when I do, I see something encouraging.

Also this can be applied to times when Bro. Abe and I were speaking to someone – either about the petition or something else. We were just about to give up on them, but waited just a little bit longer, and they came through.

Here I would apply the following scripture also, as the waiting and wondering can be very trying sometimes.

8. Romans 5:3 “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope”

9. Psalm 119:11 “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”

Sometimes I find myself very busy. Since there is no light in Kisoro, I go to bed when it becomes dark and rise when it becomes daylight. Sometimes, there seems to be little time to read Yah’s Words. But this verse reminds me that I need to read Yah’s words and hide them in my heart. Also, it reminds me that when there is NOT time to read, the words I have hidden in my heart will keep me from sinning.

10. Isaiah 55:11 “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

This encourages me that when I share what Yah inspires me to with others, whether they hear or forbear, His Word will accomplish His purpose.

I remember one study I gave that had this scripture as part of the study. Part way through it, some seemed to be dozing, some were going out for bathroom break, etc. It felt a bit discouraging. It was at that time that I read that verse in the study and it encouraged me. As I continued, some returned from their break, others woke up from dozing, etc.

Return to “General”