CSDA History?

X-Calibre

CSDA History?

Postby X-Calibre » June 3rd, 2012, 5:40 pm

The CSDA Church was started along with other founders, such as Max Holleyman, Jr. This offshoot from the SDA Church seems to have had the same splintering as any other group which has separated from the organisation God started in 1844. The CSDA website does not have a very accurate portrayal of this history. Is there something that is embarrassing about it?

Lucan

Re: CSDA History?

Postby Lucan » June 3rd, 2012, 10:47 pm

Hello,

Bypassing the begged questions and labels, you are certainly welcome to provide a write-up of your understanding of CSDA history from whatever sources you may have available to reference. It is true that there have been those who have splintered and fallen away from the faith over our history, much like every other church organization that has been called of God since the beginning of time. "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." (1 John 2:19) And again, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first." (2 Thess. 2:3a)

There is nothing especially "embarrassing" about it, though we have not seen the value in spending much time dwelling on the details of those who have departed from the faith; that would be the history of those who left the Church, not the history of the Church. Such a work is beyond the scope of any of our current web pages. Incidentally, Mr. Holleyman was not a founding member of the Creation 7th Day Adventist Church.
- Lucan Chartier

Pastor Chick

Postby Pastor Chick » June 4th, 2012, 12:12 am

X-Calibre wrote:The CSDA Church was started along with other founders, such as Max Holleyman, Jr. This offshoot from the SDA Church seems to have had the same splintering as any other group which has separated from the organisation God started in 1844. The CSDA website does not have a very accurate portrayal of this history. Is there something that is embarrassing about it?

X-Calibre, are you by any chance from Australia? Your spirit reminds me of someone I once encountered from there. And, again, I do not see you trying to assist your brethren. But, as Lucan has suggested, you may write up your version of the CSDA history. I would be very interested in the story.

As for Max Holleyman, Jr., I can say that he was one of my closest friends at one time on earth. I truly miss those blessed days. Oh, and are you personally offended that his name has not appeared in the history? I am interested to know just where you would insert his name.

X-Calibre

Postby X-Calibre » June 4th, 2012, 1:28 am

It is very interesting that within years of God's raising a prophetic movement out of 1844, God inspired Ellen White to preserve history of the early experiences for people to know truly how God had led. In fact, it was her very first book. There is very little in the way of history put forward for the CSDA movement.

I am verily trying to assist people.

Pastor Chick

Postby Pastor Chick » June 4th, 2012, 10:11 am

Pastor Chick wrote:X-Calibre, are you by any chance from Australia? Your spirit reminds me of someone I once encountered from there.

X-Calibre wrote:It is very interesting that within years of God's raising a prophetic movement out of 1844, God inspired Ellen White to preserve history of the early experiences for people to know truly how God had led. In fact, it was her very first book. There is very little in the way of history put forward for the CSDA movement.

I am verily trying to assist people.

Hello again X-Calibre,

It is not really "very interesting" how you "assist people" and how you ignore direct questions. Since you evidently admit by your silence that you are Australian, would you admit your initials "BK"? That may be "very interesting" to some.

And what is your gospel these days? Have you not rejected the "good news" of total victory over sin? Correct me on that, if you please.
Last edited by Pastor Chick on June 6th, 2012, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X-Calibre

Postby X-Calibre » June 4th, 2012, 10:41 am

Walter,

Your question as to identity was intentionally ignored. I am analysing claims of the CSDA Church - an organisation with public teachings and a presence on the www. Identity is not important unless you are seeking to undermine clear objective evidence with ad hominem assertions.

You can claim silence as an admission of whatever you like. I am not interested in playing those games.

I believe the message taught in Christ and His Righteousness, which contains the teachings of the first 5 sermons of Ellet Joseph Waggoner at Minneapolis in October 1888. I believe all the Bible and all the writings of Ellen White on the matter.. I do not believe that the CSDA message of "Victory" is the same message. I know victory in my life. Time permitting, I will examine some of the underpinnings of the CSDA teaching which are at odds with a balanced view of Righteousness by Faith.

David Aguilar

Postby David Aguilar » June 4th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Hello X,

So, your "analysis" of the CSDA church, which you claim is to "assist" people begins with a statement that there was some splintering, and the implication (entirely false) that we are covering something up... this does not portend a very effective effort on your part.

For MY part, I welcome you to the board. Unless you become abusive (this includes repeated, unqualified accusatory statements that are not followed-up after they are explained or denied), you are free to post as you like here, but be aware:

You WILL be called out on falsehoods that you claim (this has already been done in this and other threads)
You WILL be asked to provide evidence for the things that you say, and that has to come from a more trustworthy source than "a Messianic Jewish friend" that you tried to use as support in another discussion
You WILL be held accountable for the things that you say, if not by us, then by the Judge who knows fully well who you are, and why you are posting here.

I am, I must admit, curious as to what you will say next :)

Return to “General”