12-12-14 Power in the Words

Transcripts of Sabbath Studies for review and discussion
Adriel

12-12-14 Power in the Words

Postby Adriel » December 13th, 2014, 11:19 am

Topic is: Power in the Words
Happy Sabbath! Please see our room information at: http://93.88.247.151/chat.html

Zahakiel : Ok, let's begin, then. I'll ask Pastor to offer an opening prayer.

Barbli : PC: Dear Father in Heaven. Thank you for the Sabbath blessing that You have in store for us. Thank you for this time of gathering and may the Word of Yah be effectual in Your people. We thank you for Your presence with us during this special time. In Yahshua's name. Amen.

Barbli : Amen
Zahakiel : Amen.
Guest_Lucan : Amen
Guest_Daphna : Amen
Guest_Adriel : Amen
Guest_Naraiel : Amen
Guest_gadriel : Amen, Amen
Guest_Elyna : Amen, Amen

Zahakiel : Happy Sabbath to everyone. Today, our study is called “Power in the Words.” This may sound similar to one or even several studies in the past, which I believe may have been called “Power in The Word,” or “Power of The Word.” In previous studies, we have looked at the way that our Father accomplishes His good work. The universe was called into being by the Word of Yah, following the pattern: “And Elohim said... and it was so.” We see that Yahshua is the very Image of the Father in this sense also, for we read from the New Testament several incidents, such as the following:

“But Yahshua turned Him about, and when He saw her, He said, ‘Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.’ And the woman was made whole from that hour.” (Mark 9:22)

“When Yahshua had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, ‘Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?’ She said, ‘No man, Lord.’ And Yahshua said unto her, ‘Neither do I condemn thee. Go, and sin no more.’” (John 8:10, 11)

“And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying, ‘Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Yahshua of Nazareth? Art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.’ “And Yahshua rebuked him, saying, ‘Hold thy peace, and come out of him.’ And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.” (Mark 1:23-26)

“And [Yahshua] stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her; and immediately she arose and ministered unto them.” (Luke 4:39)

“And [Yahshua] arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.” (Mark 9:34)

Here we see four distinct kinds of things being commanded by the Word of Yah. The Savior gave instructions to people, to evil spirits, to illnesses, and to the elements of nature. The last in particular reveals something very significant about the Father and Son. Men and demons may hear words and respond. Many illnesses are, at least, caused by biological creatures that can respond to stimuli. However, what can be said about the wind and the sea? These cannot hear, and do not respond to thoughts, emotions, words or actions. Yet, when Yahshua commanded them, they did according to His bidding. What does this reveal? It shows us clearly and completely that all the power is in the Word of Yah itself, and not in the hearers.

Now, this is a very powerful statement, and one that many religions claiming to be Christian do not really comprehend. For example, the power to overcome sin lies not in our attempts to do so, but in the One who commands us to do so. This is the very “open secret” to righteousness by faith.

Looking at those several verses I just quoted, there is another significant difference that one passage displays. When Yahshua rebuked the illnesses, they left. When He commanded the seas and the wind, they fell silent. But what about the woman commanded to “Go, and sin no more?” What about the several others that were forgiven, and sent on their way? It is a pleasant thought to believe that they followed the Master’s instructions, and I hope it was indeed so; but sadly, we have no further information about most of these individuals.

When Yah commands the elements, they respond... immediately, effectively, and completely. But when Yah and His Son command people... we are permitted to resist. We are given the ability, in fact, to disobey entirely. Unto us, and to no lower creature, has been given freedom of choice. It is this very freedom, though, that gives our obedience meaning, and that gives our worship righteousness, because love – by its very nature – cannot be forced. Devotion cannot really be commanded. Actions and words can be compelled, but Yah desires much more than this from His people.

For our part, we may render this acceptable service by allowing ourselves to be like the elements. The elements and illnesses must obey the Word of Yah, because they have no freedom of their own. The demons must obey the Word, because their freedom has been surrendered to sin; therefore, Yah can restrain them without violating their free will, which has already been stripped from them by their own choices. But we may choose to obey Yah because we intelligently decide that He loves us, and will instruct us to do what is best. In other words, we obey because we have come to know the Father and Son, and to love Their character.

A wife must obey her husband, according to the Bible, “as unto the Lord,” (Eph 5:22) but that last phrase is a limitation as much as it is a strengthening. Yes, the obedience shown by the wife to her husband should be of the same quality as if they were obeying Yahshua... but at the same time, this only holds true as long as the husband is like Yahshua in his instructions. This is not an inconsistency, nor is it a double-standard. An individual is not bound to obey anyone at all if the result would be a violation of conscience. That is the consistent principle. The difference between Yahshua and an earthly husband is that an instruction from Yahshua, rightly understood, will never violate a clear conscience. Thus, conscience can be held supreme, yet still be subject to the Word of Yah. Because of this, we may safely trust in Yah’s instructions to us, and we may decide to become like the elements before Him – obedient, willing.

Zahakiel : It will then be His power that drives us forward, or allows us to be calm and still. This does not lower us to the level of mere elements or dumb beasts, because we are obeying intelligently, although it is a humbling experience.

In the world, to be “humbled” means almost the same as to be “embarrassed,” but in the Kingdom there is no condemnation, no embarrassment. It is a humbling work to submit our understanding to our Father’s, and the Scriptures tell us that without becoming as little children, we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. (Mark 10:15) To become “as a little child” is as submissive as we can become without losing what it is that makes us human.

When we, who CAN resist the will of Yah, choose NOT to resist His will, we rebuke the great original Rebel and his angels by our child-like trust. We say to the Universe, “We will rely on the judgment of the Almighty One, even though our feelings and senses are subject to the forces of this world.” This is a powerful testimony, and establishes our souls in righteousness, sanctifying us unto perfection.

So, practically, how do we go about doing this? How do we teach ourselves that there is power in the Word of Yah generally, and power in the specific Words that He has spoken to mankind?

It is actually very simple. We would do well to read everywhere in the Bible in which it is written, “Jesus said...” and then – in almost every case (except where He is rebuking the rebellious) – to receive it as being true in our individual lives.

Here are a few examples to get us started, but it would be time well spent on the Sabbath, and really any day, to discover a more complete list for yourself:

“Yahshua said unto him, ‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.’” (Mat 22:37)

“And Yahshua said unto them, ‘Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.’” (Mark 1:17)

“Yahshua said unto him, ‘If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.’” (Mark 9:23)

“And Yahshua said unto him, ‘Receive thy sight; thy faith hath saved thee.’” (Luke 18:42)

“Then said Yahshua to them again, ‘Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.’” (John 20:21)

To each of these, we may say, “Amen,”

Zahakiel : not only in the sense of agreement, but also in the sense that, “This is how it is for me.” Remember that nothing has changed from the first days of Genesis: “And Elohim said... and it was so.” When we do this, we testify that the Word of Yah is indeed true, and this is a part of what it means to have a personal testimony that is invincible.

In light of that great spiritual fact, we may further examine what this means for us, and how our words may have the same power as that of the Son. As we all know, human beings were created in the image of Yah. We have made note of this in a great many of our studies, and with good reason. The fact that we were created to be like our Father in Heaven is the foundation of our connection to Him. It is what allowed the Plan of Salvation to be effective, for One who was like us in some essential factor was able to offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sins. If we were unlike Yahweh in this way, then Yahshua could not have been our substitute under the Law. It must be a “near kinsman” who redeems us from a legal penalty, (Ruth 3:12) and He is “not ashamed to call [us] brethren,” (Heb 2:11) and so we may rely on this nearness for answer to our prayers, for receiving victory over sin through His dwelling within us, and for learning about the principles of divinity.

Because we are like Yah, and because Yah’s words create, we should conclude that as we approach Him in character, as we partake of His divine nature, our words also develop the power to create. The truth is, even mankind in its natural, fallen state retains some of this creative power. With the aid of fallen angels, carnal man can utter curses and perform spiritual wickedness. This is not a justification for general superstition, but we do need to be aware that we have spiritual enemies that will take advantage of whatsoever opportunities they can to cause problems for the faithful. When we are standing in faith, we have nothing to fear from the unrighteous, regardless of what curses they may seek to invoke against us, and Yah has told us this directly through the record of His people.

We read, “And [Balaam] took up his parable, and said, ‘Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, “Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.” How shall I curse whom Elohim hath not cursed? Or how shall I defy whom Yahweh hath not defied?” (Num 23:7, 8)

We, the righteous, have nothing to fear from the curses of the ungodly; but of course in Babylon, chaos is the rule of law. But then, if even the wicked and carnal have power in their words, what shall we say about the righteous, who are actively seeking the likeness of Yahweh’s character?

Yah is very concerned about the words of His people. One of the commandments is that we bear no false witness. (Exo 20:16) We are told to be honest with one another. (Col 3:9) The Redeemed will be found with no guile in their mouths. (Rev 14:5)

The words that we, as Yah’s children, speak are spirit and truth. What Yah speaks becomes truth, and therefore what we speak has a portion of that power as well. CSDAs, the Bride of Christ, continue to receive more light on this blessed truth. We teach that we must never attribute any negative attribute to ourselves. We may say, “I feel,” but never, “I am,” something that was not true of Christ, and is therefore not true of Christ in us, the hope of glory. This does not ignore or deny defects of character if they appear; but when they are made manifest we put them away, giving them over to the “consuming fire.” Accomplishing this, we continue to walk forward, free from that which we had discovered. This is the sanctified life that leads to translation in the last generation. This also means that there is power in committing verbally to doing something. It was not for any arbitrary purpose that it is written,

“When thou vowest a vow unto Elohim, defer not to pay it; for He hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.” (Ecc 5:4)

So significant is this that the Son later says, “But I say unto you, ‘Swear not at all... but let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay, for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.’” (Mat 5:34, 37)

It is a dangerous thing to speak a word to Yah in the least degree of insincerity. It is a weighty thing to speak at all as a Son or Daughter of the Most High, for we know that idle words will be brought to judgment. (Mat 12:36) We are advised, “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak.” (James 1:19a)

We have said, “Filter your thoughts, and be careful what you release into the world.” If we wish to be like our Father in Heaven, let us be mindful that every word He speaks creates, and He is entrusting us with a portion of His divine nature through His Son.

Now, when Yah calls us and we say, “I will,” that is a very powerful dynamic. Remember, humans – unlike demons, illnesses, and the elements of nature – can resist the instructions of Yah; nevertheless, there is power in Yah’s Word. So, when Yah gives us instruction, He is giving us the power to accomplish it. When we receive that instruction, and say, “I will,” then we make that power our own, and begin to exercise it in righteousness. This is a natural application of what we have discussed so far, and it is a tremendous blessing, and a great responsibility. Next week, I would like to pick up on this idea and examine it further, but for now, I believe there is enough on which to pray and meditate, as we seek the perfection of Yah’s character, and likeness to the Person of His Son. Are there, then, any comments or questions on tonight's topic?

Guest_Naraiel : C.
Zahakiel : Go ahead.

Guest_Naraiel : Well, this study makes us realize the powers in our words. And I have always thought about an example related with Jacob when he says that if Laban finds the guilty party who has stolen his idols, whoever the party would be, he said he/she would die. Were those words fulfilled, or was the guilty party protected? From Jacob's words? Who were the words of a righteous man? End

Zahakiel : Ok, if there is nothing further, I will ask Bro. Luke to close the meeting with a prayer.

Guest_Lucan : Dear heavenly Father. We thank you for the power of your Word, and the authority you have given to us to speak it. We are blessed as we review the things you have spoken to us, as we find new aspects of what we are, as creatures of your Word. We ask that your presence be with us through the remainder of the Sabbath hours and beyond...In Yahshua's name we pray, amen.

Barbli : Amen PC: Amen
Zahakiel : Amen.
Guest_Elyna : Amen
Guest_gadriel : Amen, Amen
Guest_Naraiel : Amen
Guest_Daphna : Amen
Guest_Elyna : Children: Amen

Return to “Online Study Transcripts”