4-12-14 Walk By Faith, Not By Sight dramatization discuss

Transcripts of Sabbath Studies for review and discussion
Adriel

4-12-14 Walk By Faith, Not By Sight dramatization discuss

Postby Adriel » April 19th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Topic is: Walk By Faith, Not By Sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7ySn-Swwc

Naraiel : Good morning everybody :) Who had the chance to watch the movie, for our discussion today.

Guest_Adriel : I did.
Zahakiel : I have seen it.
Guest_Daphna : Just now found the email
Elyna : We did here.
Lucan : I did.
Guest_Peter : I did.
Naraiel : Ok.
Guest_gadriel : We did

Naraiel : Let's begin with a prayer, then. Sis. Daphna, would you please open this study with a prayer?

Guest_Daphna : Our Father which is in Heaven we are in Awe to sit before you and have that privilege. You have our attention and our love for you , thank you for the Holy Spirit, that we may grow closer to you each day and with one another. Please help us to express ourselves to you and one another today and each day as they grow closer to you appearing. In Yahshua’s name Amen

Naraiel : Amen
Elyna : Amen.
Zahakiel : Amen.
Guest_Peter : Amen.
Guest_Adriel : Amen
Guest_dominique : Amen
Guest_gadriel : Amen, Amen

Naraiel : Ok. I am going to share some questions to motivate discussion, and after the session of questions, we will share our personal impressions, if they were not addressed on the question-discussion session. Ok?

Guest_Adriel : ok :)

Naraiel : ok :) But first, let me paste the brief introduction the main character does on the dramatization.

“It appeared to most people that life was going on as usual in Jerusalem, everyone was doing their daily tasks. However, for Yahshua's followers the signs of change were clearly visible. Little did we realize how severely the quality of our faith would be tested by the events surrounding the fulfillment of Yah's prophecies. And try to keeping alive and burning Yah's prophecies in our minds. It all happened so quickly. The great Jewish revolt after years of Roman Oppression arose and the Roman Civil Gov responded brutally. There was hardly time to think, barely time to act. End.

Naraiel : 1. What questions and thoughts did you identify as a result of times of trouble? What questions and thoughts came as a result of that coming crisis? (in other words)

Elyna : Q
Naraiel : if you have questions, you can share
Naraiel : go ahead

Elyna : Are you referring to the movie or for our time, the time of trouble of our time?

Naraiel : (what kinds of questions began to arise in the minds of the believers) The movie.

Elyna : Ok, thanks. A

Elyna : The words of Yahshua: "...They had to flee Jerusalem."?

Guest_Adriel : A
Naraiel : (let me know when you finish) end. :)

Elyna : End

Naraiel : Yes, the word of Yah came to their minds, and they identified the time of fulfillment, but what kind of questions came to their minds, in regard to their living?

Naraiel : Jody go ahead.

Guest_Adriel : What were they going to do? How were they going to survive? And at first how were they going to get out of the city? End.

Naraiel : Right. How Am I going to provide for me and my family? You are being foolish (either by your own thoughts or by other's words). Things are happening so quickly, I have to organize things before leaving.

Guest_dominique : A

Guest_dominique : Yah will provide a way for those who chose his way.

Naraiel : (are you writing or did you finish) (let me know :) )

Guest_dominique : end

Naraiel : yes, Amen.

Lucan : A

Lucan : There seemed to be a lot of questions / discussion about the details of the fulfillment. How long they had to leave Jerusalem, why the Roman army was defeated, whether the details of the prophecy changed, uncertainty about the 3 year delay between when they fled and when Jerusalem was actually destroyed, etc. <End.>

Guest_Peter : A.

Naraiel : (yes, that's a good point) ( I will proceed with the next question after Peter's comment)

Guest_Peter : Some were more concerned about following the instructions that was given by Christ, and were willing to sacrifice everything to follow his instructions. Not caring about their physical needs. End.

Naraiel : yes, that's right.

Based on the dramatization, If Satan doesn't convince us with personal temptations, who would he try to use for this purpose?

Guest_Adriel : Relatives & friends. End

Naraiel : Yes. Relatives and family we care about.

How many and what kind of groups are identified?

Guest_dominique : a (for last q)

Naraiel : The group of Christian believers, and ?

Naraiel : Go ahead. Peter. (Then Dominique)

Guest_Peter : I see two groups; the compromiser and the one that stand upon every word that comes from the mouth of Yah. End

Naraiel : Yes, there was another group. Anyone?

Elyna : Peter Jr. A

Elyna : The Rebels? End

Naraiel : yes, that's right. :)
Guest_Adriel : :)

Naraiel : On what situations and circumstances did the unbeliever complain most?

Guest_Adriel : On having to leave their home and business, and when they didn't have enough to eat or enough money. They were not grateful, and could not see how Yah had been providing for them all along. End

Naraiel : Exactly. Does anybody else have something to add, to this answer?

Elyna : Peter Jr. A
Naraiel : go ahead.

Elyna : One question he kept asking was when was Jerusalem going to be destroyed and why it was not destroyed as yet. End

Naraiel : Yes. Impatient nature

Barbli : A

Barbli : When they did not have the comforts they were used to and ease of lifestyle. End

Elyna : (I see that Dominique had an answer to give up there.)

Naraiel : go ahead. (yes) (I am talking to her)
Elyna : (Ok)

Naraiel : (thanks for noticing)

Guest_dominique : On the subject of Satan’s temptations, doesn't Satan try to use the scriptures. End

Guest_Peter : When you look at their reasoning some of them were hoping that the prediction of Yahshua would not come through and they would go back and continue as they use to live. End.

kimberlykindhearted : A
Naraiel : (answer to Dominique?)

kimberlykindhearted : Just a general answer to your original question about what the unbelievers complained about. The unbelievers even complained about other peoples supposed hardships, for example the fact that the young boy couldn't take flute lessons from the best teachers in Jerusalem. End

Guest_Adriel : C & A

Naraiel : Please wait for "go ahead" to avoid confusion with the questions. I want to respond to Dominique's question. We can see that the unbeliever used bible scripture to reason and support his unbelief. So, yes. Satan can use Scripture to his advantage. End
Naraiel : Sis. Jody go ahead.

Guest_Adriel : The comment was that the unbelievers were trying to convince the others that they were wrong as in the example Kimberly gave of the boy and the flute... whether she was trying to convince his mother so that she would put pressure on her husband...like she had been doing I'm not sure. But they wanted company to go back and the A was for Dominique and Sis Giselle answered that. :) End.

Naraiel : Ok thank you. I have an inspiring comment related with the unbeliever.

"Our only safety is in keeping our eyes directed upward. Angels of God had charge over His people... God cannot approve of the least degree of covetousness or selfishness. Those who want heaven must, with all the energy which they possess, be encouraging the principles of heaven. Instead of withering up with selfishness, their souls should be expanding with benevolence. Every opportunity should be improved in doing good to one another and thus cherishing the principles of heaven. Jesus was presented to me as the perfect pattern. His life was without selfish interest, but ever marked with disinterested benevolence. Early Writings, Page 268-9

We need to be careful what we say; it affects others, with faith or with unbelief. What's the most noticeable example shown in the dramatization? I mean who was the most noticeable example?

Zahakiel : A
kimberlykindhearted : a

Zahakiel : I am not sure if I can really say who was the "most" noticeable example... but there were several important ones. The individual who kept wanting to return was a constant source of temptation to his friends... and his wife's discontent was an influence on him as well. The older believer who encouraged the others to leave quickly... and not to look back. He was a positive example of how words can impact others. So, it is hard to say which example was most noticeable, since I noticed all of those. :) End.

Naraiel : Yes...the wife of the unbeliever was a constant pain, and yes, the unbeliever and the elder Christian were influences for faith and doubt. Does anyone wish to say something else?

kimberlykindhearted : The faithful wife, Rachel, was often moved to tears because of the influence of her unfaithful friend. She seemed tempted often. I kept wondering throughout the video if the wife of the faithful would desert her husband. End

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Q

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Were there any "facts" to substantiate the case of the doubters? END

Zahakiel : A

Zahakiel : There were no facts to support what the doubters were saying. They saw things that made them believe that the destruction might be delayed... but it was really their own fears and desires that led to them saying what they did. End.

kimberlykindhearted : a

Guest_Pastor_Chick : C. I am distinguishing "facts" from "truth" and using "facts" in the sense of what "seems to be true" We have encountered a very similar perplexity in the CSDA movement. We know what the "truth" is, regarding the end-time prophecies…however, there ARE some "facts" that have confounded us, perplexed us, and caused us to err in some ways. END

Naraiel : Kimberly go ahead

kimberlykindhearted : There were concepts that were presented by the unbelievers, such as the time gap in Yah allowing Babylon to take the holy city. The unbelievers looked for reasons to believe they had jumped the gun in leaving so soon. They thought they had some biblical examples. Of course these aren't facts, but they appeared to the unbelievers to be biblical principles to support their conclusions. End.

Naraiel : Yes. Thank-you.

Guest_dominique : C

Naraiel : Go ahead. Meanwhile Kim and Dominique come back. What else did you noticed, that is worth mentioning?

Naraiel : (Ok, I will leave this after Dominique's comment). Dominique, go ahead.

Guest_dominique : We fight against principalities and powers, not flesh and blood.

Naraiel : finished?

Guest_dominique : end

Naraiel : Thanks. :) Now what else did you notice that is worth mentioning, comparing those times with our days. What similarities and what differences are there?

Naraiel : C (Maria). The thing that requires more reflection is that among professed Christians, like the unbeliever and his wife, some love the things of this world, and Satan used them to tempt others, and increase their blindness, so they didn't understand the prophecy. End

Lucan : A

Lucan : For both the "facts" question and the similarities one... I think that, had there not been facts to substantiate the doubter's cases, the video wouldn't have very accurately been called "walking by faith, not by sight..." The facts were, they left Jerusalem in a massive rush at the first sign of the Roman army giving space. Several people said it was too soon, unnecessary to leave so quickly, to wait and see, etc. They left, and the Roman army was defeated. They had a period of *three years* where there was no sign whatsoever that Jerusalem was even in danger, much less about to be destroyed. The only thing the believer's had to rest on was that they had followed Yahshua's instruction to the letter. I think that was the point of the video, really. As far as similarities, well, we've certainly been met with a number of "surprise retreats" in our current situation. Some of them have, and are, approaching the "years" level of silence. I think the similarity to take is that, just because "Rome" isn't at our walls, doesn't mean the sword isn't hanging overhead the way Yahshua said it would be. <End.>

Guest_Pastor_Chick : If I have pains in my joints, and it is determined that I have arthritis...THEN, I request healing from YAH... He takes away the pain, and assures me I am healed... THEN, after some time, I have joint pains again, what is the truth? What are the facts? END.

Naraiel : A. The truth is Yah's words. The facts is the pain, but Satan can make us believe things based on facts, and doubt of Yah's word.

Elyna : A

Naraiel : ... now there is also a factor, we would have to see if we have done something that has contributed to the pain, as well. Yahweh said, go and sin no more, so that something worse doesn't happen to you. End

kimberlykindhearted : c

Naraiel : go ahead Sis. Guerline

Guest_Daphna : Q

Elyna : I remember you telling us of a similar example Pastor regarding something else you had been healed of and when some symptoms came back to make you believe the contrary then the thing came back. The truth is that Yah has spoken his Word, we cannot substantiate it with anything else facts how many they may be. He healed you, He heals us, we believe it, that is enough to sustain our faith.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : (Amen)

Elyna : Well for the facts we can deny them or take them to Yah and rest. But we are not to doubt the sure Word of Yah. End.

Naraiel : (If no one else has anything to add, I would like to close this meeting with an inspired writing. )

kimberlykindhearted : Amen. C: I have found that at times I have asked Yah to take away the pain and He doesn't. Sometimes He answers my prayers based on what I need and not what I think I need. But this is no cause to doubt His love for me. So long as I have surrendered all to him, I can know, based on the principles of His character, that my prayer is of the utmost importance to Him and that He is indeed answering my prayer, though not in the way I might prefer Him to. End.

Guest_Adriel : Amen. (Sis Daphna had a Q)
Guest_Pastor_Chick : (Daphna had a Q)

Guest_Daphna : When they were told to flee, did that mean you yourself flee or could you help others to flee. End

Naraiel : Go ahead SIs. Daphna

Guest_Pastor_Chick : (I have more to examine.)

Guest_Adriel : Well they were told when they saw the sign to flee. If one was on the rooftop they weren't even supposed to go into the house to get their belongings, and if they were in the field they were not to look back. So I think they were to prepare in advance like the believers did, and when the sign came to flee.

Barbli : Amen
Guest_Adriel : End.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : C/Q

Guest_Pastor_Chick : We know that the destruction of Jerusalem is in parallel to the final general destruction of the world. I have questions regarding other parallels (or apparent parallels) which apply to our time such as...

1) What are (were) we to flee?
2) What is the "sign" to flee (provided there is, for us, a need to flee)?
3) Where are we NOW in the train of final events?
4) What is our expectation for the near future? END

Barbli : A

Barbli : I think that we can use the word 'fled' for 'coming out' of Babylon/GC SDA church system. The sign for coming out was finding the GC Corp to be the image of the beast'. End

Elyna : A to #1

Elyna : We are to flee the desolation that is all around us in the world, in every sense of it. End

Barbli : C

Naraiel : Do you mean like worldly policies, practices and mentality, right?

Barbli : It is interesting to me that in my life there have been a lot of experiences of 'leaving the world behind'... (is 'go ahead' for Guerline to answer your question?)

Naraiel : yes,
Barbli : Go ahead
Naraiel : Sis. Guerline, go ahead.

Elyna : The abomination (Babylon in a large sense) caused desolation. It can be in our family circles. For example, sometimes things happen that cause me to think of what I left behind (families, relatives in particular) and the facts are many, and the reminders from others heavy sometimes upon my mind, but I do not look back. I followed the directions of my Father in heaven, and that is enough. That includes worldly policies mentalities, yes. End.

Naraiel : ok, thanks for clarifying. Sis. Barb, please go ahead.

Barbli : From the time I became SDA and 'left behind' relatives because I could no longer join their activities on Sabbath, to when Pastor and I married and I left a house and good job behind to travel in a motor home (along with things that would not fit in the motor home), to leaving behind SDA friends when I joined CSDA Church and they no longer wanted to associate with me, to leaving the 'home' in Guys and a job I had for years to go to Uganda, to leaving all in Uganda behind (though hopefully being taken care - though not knowing what the future holds really). It is a process of leaving things and worldly people behind - and following where Yah leads us. End

Guest_Pastor_Chick : (I am open to the proposition of a break at this point.) (But, since there is not good "closure" on some of these themes, I would like to see an afternoon meeting, if possible.)

All decided on a break

Naraiel : Ok. Pastor would please close the meeting with a prayer? Bro. Luke (it seems Pastor left) Bro. Luke could you please close with a prayer? Bro. David could you pray?

Zahakiel : Ok :) Father in Heaven, we thank you for this blessed Sabbath day. We thank you for the meeting we have had this morning, and for the participation of all who are gathered here. We pray that, when we come together again for a meeting this afternoon, that the same spirit of sharing and cooperation will attend us. May your Spirit guide us onward, we ask in the name of your Son, Yahshua. Amen.

Guest_Daphna : Amen

Naraiel : Bro. Luke, Could open the meeting with a prayer?
(I am calling Jaime)

Lucan : Dear heavenly Father. We thank you for your presence with us during our fellowship and discussion. As we meet together to continue, may your Spirit guide us into new understandings of your Word and the time in which we live... In Yahshua's name we pray, amen.

Zahakiel : Amen.
Guest_Peter_Jr_1516 : Amen.
Guest_Pastor_Chick : Amen.
Barbli : Amen

Naraiel : Pastor, Could you please repeat the questions?

Guest_Pastor_Chick : OK

Guest_Adriel : I can repost them if You like.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Guest_Pastor_Chick : We know that the destruction of Jerusalem is in parallel to the final general destruction of the world... I have questions regarding other parallels (or apparent parallels) which apply to our time... such as...

1) What are (were) we to flee?

2) What is the "sign" to flee (provided there is, for us, a need to flee)?

3) Where are we NOW in the train of final events?

4) What is our expectation for the near future? END
Naraiel : So, does anybody have any comments about it?

Guest_Pastor_Chick : C

Guest_Adriel : I agree with what Sis Barb said for the first 2 q's. I'll repost here answer here:

Barbli : I think that we can use the word 'fled' for 'coming out' of Babylon/GC SDA church system. The sign for coming out was finding the GC Corp to be the image of the beast'. End

Naraiel : C.

Guest_Adriel : and Sis Guerline’s and Sis Barb’s discussion about fleeing worldly policies associations etc.

Naraiel : Doesn't the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D corresponds to the physical fall of Babylon?

Guest_Adriel : However I am not sure about the rest....

Naraiel : I think the spiritual fall already happen in Jerusalem before the physical destruction.

Guest_Adriel : End

Naraiel : Sorry, Jody, I thought you had finished.

Guest_Adriel : (that's ok :) )(I did not put an end)

Elyna : (Pastor had a comment)

Naraiel : Thanks, Go ahead Pastor.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : The pioneer Adventists had a line of understanding which included the "loud cry," the "national Sunday law," fleeing the cities into the country/desolate areas, etc....We have understood from our view of the principles, coupled with conditional prophecy...that the image of the beast WAS formed via the GC of SDA, and that the trademark persecutions fulfilled the elements of the "mark of the beast" we never have been clear on the new application of the fleeing (other than coming out of Babylon). We have, as Br. Luke has mentioned in this transcript often been perplexed at the slowness of the last day fulfillments to the letter. If we do nothing, just waiting for the hatchet to once more be leveled on PC or Luke or some others, we shall die in the wilderness, and that, without much hope. We, as candidates for the 144,000 (the servants of YAH -- Amos 3:7), should know without any question what the movings of YAH are. I believe YAH is seeking to clarify this for us during this Feast, so I invite all to give inspired input. END

Naraiel : C. Sis. Barb was relating the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD with the Spiritual Fall of the SDA Church.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : (The moderator should be on the floor.)

Naraiel : but the fall of Jerusalem corresponded to the physical fall. I think it was assumed that the spiritual fall of Jerusalem already happened, right? End

Elyna : C/Q

Elyna : I am wondering if the fall (physical) of the SDA Church will be of any sign or value to us in terms of the close of probation and the second coming? As Mrs. White points out "...wind and tempest would blow away the system." So when we see the increasing confusion in there, should it tell us anything?

Naraiel : (did you finish? )

Elyna : I believe that at that point, our work among them should be complete or toward its end.

kimberlykindhearted1505 : c

Elyna : And most likely probation will be closed for them. End

kimberlykindhearted1505 : If the abomination is the trademark then we should be moving away from the cities now. End

Naraiel : What was the reason to move away from the cities? To escape from persecution, no?

Naraiel : If that's the case… technology can easily find us. It is not like we can escape easily like in Ellen White's days. End

Naraiel : Go ahead.

kimberlykindhearted1505 : We are expecting persecution as well. Right? I c. End

Naraiel : Besides, we have seen SDAs today that are living in mountains now, or far away from the city. But not many are ministering to the souls. End. Go ahead.

Elyna : To answer Kim , it seems that our escape from Babylon has to be more of a spiritual than physical nature... What do others think about that? Perhaps both aspects will play out but we must escape spiritually first or at the same time. And most importantly is the spiritual aspect of it. End.

Naraiel : Go ahead

kimberlykindhearted1505 : Pastor asked what we expect to happen next in prophecy. I'm expecting to see more persecution and then Yah step in with judgments and plagues.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : What is the basis of persecution? What can trigger such a thing? As for me, I have been there; I have experienced it in Rwanda, Uganda, and to a greater extent in the USA. What would possibly trigger a persecution that would include ALL who genuinely keep the commandments of YAH? END

kimberlykindhearted1505 : C

Naraiel : What about the hate speech laws?

kimberlykindhearted1505 : I believe that all who live righteously will suffer persecution. Witnessing will bring it on fast. End

Guest_Pastor_Chick : How can persecution triggered by witnessing be the fulfillment of the effort by Babylon to destroy "the hated sect"? There is "a people" which come under "the ban" of the state at the behest of a fallen Protestant church. END.

Elyna : C

Elyna : That’s why I believe that the SDA Church has something to do with the end of prophecy or the 'fate' of Yah's people... not that we will be defeated for Yahshua has already won the battle through us, but there is a controversy, a mount Carmel of the last days that will be no less grandiose than during the time of Elijah that will rage the persecution against those that are living godly.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : A

Elyna : What are we doing that confirm we are that people is very important to each one of us today. End

Guest_Pastor_Chick : There is a "hated sect" spoken of in the SOP... That hated sect does something to become hated of all men...

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Take a look at this link http://csda-adventistchurch.to/h_sect.html

Guest_Pastor_Chick : It is NOT that we endeavor to become that hated sect, but the CSDA has ALREADY become that hated sect, but have not yet fulfilled all of our commission. The "hated sect" is not still... they are active in a unified effort to give the "loud cry" to a lost and dying world. I believe YAH inspires such things as walking across America (which to me is overwhelming in its consideration) and the movie we have used to spring-board this discussion is relevant, if we take the application to our hearts. END for now.

Naraiel : Does anybody else have something in mind?

Guest_Pastor_Chick : I believe CSDA is not finished in America, though this year will tell much...

Zahakiel : C

Guest_Pastor_Chick : I seem to be already receiving inspiration to raise up another congregation in the west (as YAH told me to do previously). Since I did not do it in "easy times," I'll be required to do it in very adverse times and under most difficult conditions. END.

kimberlykindhearted1505 : Q
Naraiel : Bro. David

Zahakiel : It should be clear, based on what we have discussed, and what pastor has said, and what the link shows... that the beast (being a beast) is only going to attack if it feels threatened. If that is to be the case, then this should lead further exhortation to what has been said among us for some time - that the members of the Church must become more vocal about their faith. Already, leading up to and during this feast, there have been, and will be, opportunities for Yah's people to testify of their beliefs, so that we will become more used to speaking, and leading, in public.

And if it is the case, and I pray it surely is, that pastor's walk will inspire some converts, so that there can be another congregation in the United States, then these new brethren will look to US for experience, and for leadership, and for wisdom. And we dare not disappoint such expectations. Let us prepare ourselves for a harvest of souls, or Yah will never send them to the unprepared. End.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : C

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Thank you, Br. David for that insight and I tell you the truth, that if we are NOT willing to leave houses, lands, jobs, relatives, etc. for the Kingdom of YAH, we are none of His. ONLY the faithful will endure unto the end and be saved. We are a small people with a little strength but, with YAH, ALL things are possible. The Gospel of the Remnant has almost died out completely but, we can reclaim it and vindicate our Father's character, IF we are willing to forsake all for this holy work. END.

Naraiel : Kimberly go ahead.

kimberlykindhearted1505 : Pastor, are you saying the purpose of the movie was to inspire us to take some action to step out of the comfort zone and prepare the world for the closing events? End

Naraiel : Well, Pastor didn't choose the movie, Yahweh did. I chose the movie based on the theme for this feast, which is walk by faith. End

Guest_Pastor_Chick : I was VERY surprised at the value of the movie... It gives me hope that YAH has His own scattered about in the various erroneous denominations...

Zahakiel : C

Guest_Pastor_Chick : (and very much so among the JWs)... I believe, YES, the movie CAN have the effect that you have suggested, and I hope and pray that comes to fruition. END.

Zahakiel : I agree. This was the film that I mentioned Giselle and I had seen when we were discussing Mr. Eben's statements about guile. Giselle and I were both extremely impressed by it when we first saw it a few months ago... and I am glad that this feast has given her the opportunity to share it with the brethren. End.

Elyna : C

Elyna : Prayer request: I pray that our faith increase as to what we ought to do both individually and as a united body. End

Naraiel : increase in amount?

Guest_Pastor_Chick : "The will is the choice, the deciding power."

Elyna : Are you asking me a question Sis. Giselle?

Naraiel : Is pastor finished?

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Never, but, what more can I say? :) It is time for the Body to arise to righteousness and march. END.

Naraiel : Yes. I was asking Sis. Guerline, do you mean increase faith in amount, or in which sense?

Guest_Adriel : c/q

Elyna : Well I only think that we can always exercise more faith, especially with the focus we are putting on it at this feast. Do not we need it increased?

Elyna : I believe I do need more faith. End.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : The faithful do all that they believe...when one sees a task that needs to be done, they see it as the HS's call to them. So, IF we see the need for "more" of anything, then, we as faithful stewards, will accomplish that very thing, walking in the "spirit and power" of our Master. END.
Zahakiel : (Jody had a comment and question)

Elyna : Amen
Naraiel : Amen. Sis. Jody go ahead.

Guest_Adriel : I just wanted to say that I needed to get going, and would someone please keep the rest of the transcript for me? End

Zahakiel : I can do it.
Guest_Adriel : ok, thanks :)
Guest_Daphna : Bye sis Jody
Guest_Adriel : Yah Bless All.
Guest_Peter : Bye.
Lucan : Bye, and Yah bless.
Elyna : Yah bless :)
Naraiel : Yah bless
Guest_gadriel : Bye, Sis. Jody :)

Naraiel : Well, talking about these things reminds me of the inspiring writings I mentioned before Pastor mentioned the 4 questions.

Guest_Pastor_Chick : :)

Naraiel : They seem to be relevant. Do you want to read them?

Zahakiel : (Who are you asking to read them? :) )

Naraiel : You will read them when I past them :)

Zahakiel : Oh, ok :)
Barbli : Sure
Guest_Daphna : Yes

Naraiel : ok, here I go. “Do we believe with all the heart that Christ is soon coming and that we are now having the last message of mercy that is ever to be given to a guilty world? Is our example what it should be? Do we, by our lives and holy conversation, show to those around us that we are looking for the glorious appearing of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who shall change these vile bodies and fashion them like unto His glorious body? I fear that we do not believe and realize these things as we should. Those who believe the important truths that we profess should act out their faith. There is too much seeking after amusements and things to take the attention in this world; the mind is left to run too much upon dress, and the tongue is engaged too often in light and trifling conversation, which gives the lie to our profession, for our conversation is not in heaven, whence we look for the Saviour.” (Let me know when you finish, LMK)

Guest_Pastor_Chick : Finished.
Guest_Peter_Jr_1516 : Finished
Elyna : Finished
kimberlykindhearted1505 : finished
Zahakiel : Finished
Guest_Daphna : F
Lucan : Finished
Guest_Peter : Finished .

Naraiel : “Angels are watching over and guarding us; we often grieve these angels by indulging in trifling conversation, jesting, and joking, and also by sinking down into a careless, stupid state. Although we may now and then make an effort for the victory and obtain it, yet if we do not keep it, but sink down into the same careless, indifferent state, unable to endure temptations and resist the enemy, we do not endure the trial of our faith that is more precious than gold.”

Barbli : F
Elyna : F
Guest_Peter_Jr_1516 : Finished.
Guest_Pastor_Chick : F
Guest_Peter : F.
Guest_gadriel : Finished

Naraiel : “If we would let our hearts be impressed with the following important words, and ever bear them in mind, we should not so easily fall into temptation and our words would be few and well chosen. As I realize how much has been done for us to keep us right, I am led to exclaim, Oh, what love, what wondrous love, hath the Son of God for us poor sinners! Should we be stupid and careless while everything is being done for our salvation that can be done? All heaven is interested for us. We should be alive and awake to honor, glorify, and adore the high and lofty One. Our hearts should flow out in love and gratitude to Him who has been so full of love and compassion to us. With our lives we should honor Him, and with pure and holy conversation show that we are born from above, that this world is not our home, but that we are pilgrims and strangers here, traveling to a better country. Early Writings, Page 112-113

Guest_Peter : Finished.

Naraiel : “The Christian should often review his past life and recall with gratitude the precious deliverances that God has wrought for him, supporting him in trial, opening ways before him when all seemed dark and forbidding, refreshing him when ready to faint. He should recognize all of them as evidences of the watch care of heavenly angels. In view of these innumerable blessings he should often ask, with subdued and grateful heart, “What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me?” Psalm 116:12. Our time, our talents, our property, should be sacredly devoted to Him who has given us these blessings in trust. Whenever a special deliverance is wrought in our behalf, or new and unexpected favors are granted us, we should acknowledge God’s goodness, not only by expressing our gratitude in words, but, like Jacob, by gifts and offerings to His cause. As we are continually receiving the blessings of God, so we are to be continually giving “Of all that Thou shalt give me,” said Jacob, “I will surely give the tenth unto Thee.” With a new and abiding faith in the divine promises, and assured of the presence and guardianship of heavenly angels, Jacob pursued his journey to “the land of the children of the East.” Patriarchs and Prophets, Page 188. End

kimberlykindhearted1505 : Finished
Guest_Peter : Finished

Naraiel : Does anybody wish to add something.
Guest_Daphna : C

Guest_Daphna : My goal is to witness to those I am especially burdened about, and to study more about the three angels message, I find much inspiration there. End

Guest_Daphna : c

Guest_Daphna : I find much inspiration in all the writings and lessons. I want to learn more about the prepared people . End

Naraiel : So if no one else has anything else to say, let's close with a prayer, then. Sis. Barb, would you like to close with a prayer, if nobody has anything else to say?

Barbli : ok. Dear Father in Heaven. Thank you for this extended time of discussion and for your Spirit being present with us. We ask that you show each of us what You have for us to do as we follow your leading. Thank you for being with each one of us - until we meet again tomorrow. In the name of Yahshua we pray. Amen

Lucan : Amen
Guest_Peter_Jr_1516 : Amen.
Zahakiel : Amen
Elyna : Amen
kimberlykindhearted1505 : Amen
Guest_Daphna : Amen
Guest_gadriel : Amen, Amen

Return to “Online Study Transcripts”